Last Updated February 15, 2020
REQUIREMENTS FOR EMPLOYMENT
Any person being considered for employment as a Firefighter shall be subject to
the following requirements.
(1) Shall be not less than 18 years of age.
(2) Should be a resident of the City of Clio, Township of Thetford or Vienna and/or shall be employed within the Clio Area Fire Department Fire District a minimum of 8 hours per day and be able to respond to alarms from such employment.
(3) Shall furnish character references.
(4) Shall complete an application provided.
(5) Shall satisfactorily pass a physical examination (including a drug test)
by a physician appointed and paid by the Clio Area Fire Authority.
(6) Shall complete a medical questionnaire as outlined in the Department Respiratory Protection Procedure, which is in compliance with Department of Consumer and Industry Services, Occupational Health Standards Repertory
(7) Shall pass entry level testing.
(8) Shall be able to complete a physical agility test commensurate with expected
job duties as a fire fighter.
(9) Shall possess a valid Michigan Driver License.
(10) Shall not have been convicted of a felony.
Upon employment by the Fire Chief, the employee will serve a probationary period
of one year or until completing Fire Fighter I & II certification. The Fire
Chief, reserves the authority to terminate the employee without cause or appeal.
The employee must, satisfactorily complete the Firefighters training program as
outlined by the Michigan Firefighters Training Council, within two years of
joining the department (Act 291 of 1966 as amended October 1, 1988). Failure to
do so will result in termination.
And completed High School or have a GED